The Syndicate was tasked with executing the U.S. PR campaign for Iceland Airwaves. Our mission was to announce the lineup over three stages and secure press coverage in outlets beyond music, establishing Iceland Airwaves as THE destination festival for artist discovery for music fans and industry alike.
- The campaign took place over six months throughout 2015 and ran through the Fest (Nov 4-8).
- Targeted the millennial demographic w/ coverage via social media personality (Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, etc) with hundreds of thousands of followers.
- Coverage ranged from a five page feature in Newsweek to travel pieces in the FADER & FLOOD, to photo blogs and giveaways, in addition to general music coverage.
- Coverage by Pitchfork, Consequence of Sound, Rolling Stone, Newsweek, The FADER, BlackBook, Under the Radar & Paste
- Worked with Airwaves to help facilitate a press conference for Bjork addressing environmental concerns