The Syndicate (www.thesyn.com) is an independent entertainment marketing agency based in Weehawken, New Jersey. We offer a wide range of marketing and promotional services within the music, comedy and publishing sectors, including radio promotion, street marketing, publicity, event planning, and digital design. Additionally, The Syndicate operates two online properties: www.metalinsider.net, which features metal music news and analysis, as well as www.thelaughbutton.com – for all things comedy.
Each semester The Syndicate recruits qualified, eager candidates to join our dynamic internship program. This position offers students the opportunity to gain real-world working experience, as well as exposure to the many facets of the entertainment industry.
As we are primarily a marketing and promotion firm, candidates with excellent writing, communication and digital design skills are strongly encouraged to apply. The internship is unpaid, but interns will receive a $15/day travel stipend.
Applicants should meet the following guidelines:
- Must have strong interest in music, entertainment, lifestyle trends, and pop-culture
- Must be able to earn college credit
- Must be able to commit to being in the office from 10am-6pm, 2-3 days per week
- Ability to multi-task and take direction in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong organizational skills
- Ability to navigate the internet for research purposes
- Working knowledge of current social media platforms
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Photoshop. Additional computer and software knowledge is always a plus!
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org