Showtime SMILF Activaton
Showtime tasked The Syndicate with an creating an event to draw awareness to SMILF, a new comedy show. Their goal was to drive awareness of the show by creating an immersive event in New York City.
The Syndicate created the “mobile meet market,” a three-sided glass truck designed to look like a single mom’s living space, staffed by “relationship advice gurus” from Reductress that gave irreverent dating advice. Brand Ambassadors distributed branded questionnaires and food items.
- An 18’ three-sided glass truck, branded with Showtime and SMILF logos, was made up to look like a living room
- Truck made stops at Manhattan’s Astor Place, Union Square and Brooklyn’s DUMBO sections
- Six brand ambassadors handed out humorous multiple choice dating advice questionnaires
- Relationship advice gurus on the truck gave irreverent advice based on how the questionnaires were filled out
- Food items (chocolate covered bacon, Boston cream donuts) were also distributed by brand ambassadors
- A branded photo booth took pictures on board the truck. E-mails, texts to users had tune-in info
- An estimated 360,000 visual impressions were made throughout course of 10-hour day
- 2,000 relationship advice questionnaires distributed
- 1,100 donuts and 900 chocolate-dipped bacon were distributed
- 125 photos taken in photo booth on board truck