DRUNK HISTORY SXSW
Comedy Central and The Syndicate collaborated to promote the DVD on-sale of Drunk History Season 4 by creating a buzzworthy activation on the streets of Austin during South by Southwest 2017.
Created a Drunk History Walking Tour of Austin in the style of the television show. Comedians told historical jokes and facts, and were to guide attendees on a hysterical walking tour, starting at the famous Burnside’s Tavern on historic Sixth Street.
- Garnered a large attendance of 250+ comedy fans, turning the walking tour into a stationary event at Burnside’s Tavern
- Brought on comedians Mark Normand and Sean Patton to host the event on March 14, 2017
- Activated a blitz street marketing campaign during SXSW to distribute promotional materials promoting the event, with the goal of increasing attendance
- Hosted an exclusive Drunk History digital campaign across The Laugh Button website
- Produced and published an event highlights video on The Laugh Button
- Event exceeded expected attendance by 150%
- 20+ street marketing representatives distributed 5,000 branded postcards and
- 500 posters in under 24 hours to increase attendance
- 2,000+ impressions served on The Laugh Button